Jacob Sungjae Oh finally decided to join us. He was born on
Tuesday, May 18 at
4:30am weighing
7lbs. 14oz.
Jenny was supposed to have been induced that morning (Tuesday), and she didn't really feel anything, just some slight twinges, the previous night (Monday). She had a snack, and then went to sleep at 1:30am. At 2:45am Tuesday, she woke up because she was in extreme pain. She had had a strong contraction! She called her mom to help with Juhee, and then woke me up to go to the hospital. We rushed to the hospital while Jenny suffered through some really strong contractions as they got stronger and

stronger. We went to emergency, and they took her to labor and delivery. We asked for epidural, and they said they would have to check her condition first. The doctor examined her, and said she was already 7cm dilated, and that we wouldn't have time for an epidural. Jenny was like, "what!?!" The doctor gave her some kind of medication through her iv to manage the pain, and just a few moments later the doctor said it would be a good time to push. After several agonizing contractions and pushes, baby Sungjae entered this world... all natural, all in less than 2 hours. Wow!
It was a crazy night, and all seems like a dream now. But don't pinch us when you see us! We kind of like this dreamy feeling. :)
We feel God has blessed us greatly with a beautiful healthy baby, the location, the circumstances, and even the timing. Thank you God!
Wow!! Congratulations! I was just wondering and I happen to check the facebook and what wonderful news. I now have full time job and I can't seem to find time to do anything. I would love to see the baby and I"ll talk to Jun JDSN with time. Thank you God.
ReplyDelete-Tami
Congratulations Oh family! Welcome Sungjae! We continue to pray that like Sungjae's perfect timing and entrance into the world, God would take you to Japan at the perfect time...perhaps not as quickly as the 2 hours it took for Sungjae, but something pretty close =) --claire ryu
ReplyDelete