Friday, April 1, 2011

Kimchi Pancakes (김치전) and Brownies

The day before Susan's birthday, we celebrated Susan's birthday together (minus Scott though as he was in Sendai). We'd already decided that we wouldn't give each other presents, but they babysat for us so we could go out on a date for Peter's birthday in Feb and I really wanted to do something for / give her something (other than just her birthday cake), so I was super happy when I thought of preparing kimchi pancakes as Susan likes spicy, likes kimchi, and likes kimchi pancakes! I had a bit of kimchi left from the last batch that my maternal grandmother had sent me so it was something I could do.

It was fun showing Susan and Taylor how best to reheat them. We reheated a few and then left some so Scott could have some too when he got back from Sendai.

I gave that which was most important and valuable to me: my time, energy, love, and kimchi =D and that made me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment