Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One more on Triple Disaster...

Very early on Monday morning, we had another earthquake here in Hiroshima. I think it was my fourth during the past year. It wasn't strong enough to wake up the kids or Peter, not even the friend we had visiting from back home. Earthquakes used to be fairly rare in Hiroshima. Apparently not any more. I can't imagine what it must be like to experience a 9.0 earthquake, and many more aftershocks, multiple times per day, everyday, for months... To live through the trauma that comes from such an earthquake which created a tsunami and so so so much devastation.

Right before the first anniversary of March 11th, a teammate down in Fukuoka, wrote one of the best March 11th specific newsletters I've received. Click here to read. Shortly after the anniversary, Hiroshima teammate Jess, wrote about it on her blog (click here).

After I posted the last one about the Triple Disaster, I was thinking about what I posted and realized that the teammates that I had mentioned that had already served up in the Tohoku region all had one thing in common: they are not moms. :) My time will come. And in the meantime, I will pray, and hopefully post update now and again on our blog so that we will not forget them and definitely not forget to pray.

Thank you for joining us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment