The wife of a missionary family that was here with us in Hiroshima for most of 2012 is a professional kids/family photographer and she took these pictures for us. Juhee had just woken up from a nap in the car so was in her post-nap, still-waking-up, cranky mood, but she eventually, occasionally, gave us a few smiles. :)
As many of my friends will tell you, I enjoy taking pictures and if I remember (which is most of the time) and its appropriate (which is also most of the time), I'll get a group picture.
My love of pictures also extends to family pictures. I love seeing pictures of families together, whether it's a natural shot or a sitting down poised family studio shot.
Around about the time of Juhee's first birthday, my side of the family all got together and took an impromptu family studio picture. It wasn't an awesome picture, but it's of our family and I'm glad we took it. I don't think all of us have actually been together since. That was in Dec. of 2008.
I think sometime during the summer of 2009, we had the opportunity to get our family picture taken as part of one of our supporting church's address book. It came out great and I really wanted one, but opposition was too great. :/
Ever since we started raising funds, taking family photos has basically become a part of our lives. We were at a retreat recently and one of the moms joked about "the dreaded family prayer card photo". =D Her kids never looked forward to having to dress up and look nice for the family photo that would be put on a magnet or card of some sort and sent to a bunch of people they didn't know. We all knew what she was talking about! :) I guess it's become somewhat of a cultural phenomenon as many use family photos for their Christmas cards, but I guess it's a little bit different for missionaries 'cause we put it on our Christmas cards, newsletters, prayer cards, business cards...
Some of the family shots. Yes, there were more! ;P
It's hard asking people to take pictures of our family 'cause it's hard to 1) get the kids to stay still so the picture's not all blurry and everyone's looking at the camera and 2) to get everyone to smile at the same time, and 3) all have their eyes open. I feel bad asking people to try "one more time" after checking the pictures. I feel bad even having to check the pictures! Some people are also obviously better photographers than others and some have better equipment too, both of which help immensely.
Some of the non-family photos. Love these too! :)
And some have that plus a truck load of patience, experience, and a love for the challenge that comes with taking photos of families with young kids. Thanks Allison for an awesome first-time-as-a-family-of-four photo shoot experience and thanks for putting up with all of the moodiness and running around! It was a dream come true. You're awesome. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment