There are too many things that I have to do.
A lot of them are urgent and important. Urgent to the point that they should have been done yesterday (like my Annual Ministry Report), or last month (like the ministry & financial report in Korean that was due 6 weeks ago). It's not really OK that I haven't met these deadlines. It's not really OK that I haven't finished my 30 units of Bible Study that I was supposed to have completed by earlier this month. For goodness sake, they gave me 5 years to do them and I'm not even half way through! :( It's not really OK that we haven't written to our Korean supporters for almost a year, especially when more than half of our 13 supporting churches receive their newsletters in Korean and a lot of our prayer support comes from them. School paperwork and payments need to be looked through and paid. It's not really OK that I've had to ask for more time to submit Juhee's preschool class's yearbook entry either.
And these are not things that anyone else can do for me.
I used to be so good with deadlines. I was never early :P but I wasn't late either.
But now... I can't seem to meet most deadlines...
There are lots of things I have to do.
A lot of them are urgent and important. Groceries need to be bought, healthy (and sometimes not-so-healthy) meals and snacks prepared, obentos made, laundry washed / dried / folded / put away, house cleaned, bigger clothes / shoes bought, kids washed, Juhee needs to be taken to and picked up from after school classes, school and church meetings need to be attended...
Some of these are things that can be done for me.
So sometimes, we eat out. And now, hubby always does the dishes. And sometimes, he folds and puts away the laundry. He always takes care of the vacuuming and the trash.
I had to do a load of laundry in the evening yesterday 'cause Sungjae wet his pants as he woke up from nap time at daycare. His sheets got wet too. And if anything gets soiled, the teachers rinse it so he came back with soaking wet clothes, sheet & blanket in two heavy plastic bags. He has more than one blanket, but he only has one sheet that covers the bed-thing and I didn't want soaking wet things in plastic bags smelling like rags so I had to wash it all last night. I started the laundry and then went up to put the kids to sleep - and ended up falling asleep. I woke up when Peter came back from Wednesday night prayer meeting and thought about the laundry that needed to be hung up to dry but immediately fell asleep again. I woke up a few more times in the middle of the night thinking about the laundry but was too tired to get up. I thought about how nice it would be if Peter realized that the laundry was still in the laundry machine and hung it up to dry... It was such a pleasant surprise to find all of the laundry hung and dry when I came down this morning!!! :) Praise God for awesome hubbies!!! :)
There are still too many things I have to do.
But I'm grateful that I have a hubby who helps out at home and friends that I can go to for help too.
I'm being broken and humbled. I'm being challenged and stretched. God is growing me and making me better. And I know that sometimes, even though I think I might fall apart 'cause of the stress, pressure, and urgency of everything, I know I'm not going to break. 'Cause my God is a loving Father... :)
.......
I'm so not looking forward to the report that needs to be completed in Korean... I never had to write big ministry or finance reports in Korean until we became missionaries... I opened it up before I opened up our blog just now 'cause my head knew that it has to be done and today's the first time I've had time to do it in months. It's one of four documents that make up one report for one church that was due over a month ago... So I really shouldn't be writing a blog post, but I needed an outlet. :) My heart needed to write about normal stuff before having to go into report mode again...
OK... I think I'm ready now. :)
Love you and miss you my friends! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment