We visited Tempozan Marketplace ("a shopping and dining arcade that includes the Naniwa Kuishinobo Yokocho, a faux-Edo-period food court where you can sample all of Osaka's culinary specialities" Lonely Planet), had lunch there in the big cafeteria food court area overlooking Osaka bay, and then visited the Aquarium next door. It's an amazing architectural structure in that the entire middle section is one huge big tank which holds two whale sharks (main attraction), lots of huge sting rays, as well as huge and smaller fish. The rest of the sea creatures are on the other side of building, spread out over 8 floors (you start at the top and walk down a continuous slope and a few stairs) and holds everything from giant crab, penguins, monkeys, otters, jellyfish, etc wonders of the sea. Sara Juhee was asleep for the first 30 minutes or so but then was awake and very excited the rest of the time. I think Peter had the most amount of fun though. :)
There were lots of groups so it was a bit crowded - field trips from schools and a group of physically disabled in wheelchairs too - but I don't think this aquarium is ever not crowded.
Quick side note - We each had "regular size" (as opposed to the normal small size) set menus for lunch which included a donburi (rice dish) and an udon (noodle dish) each but I ate all of mine and then most of Peter's udon too. I was still hungry so I went to buy two buns and ate 1.5 (Peter didn't like one of them). Peter's been doing much better than me with adjusting to the smaller portion sizes here. My excuse is that I'm still nursing (actually nursing more than before!) so need to eat more as I'm eating for two. :)
Bedtime. Good night!

Hi Jenny and Peter; I admire most of all of you guys courage an you Jenny for keeping up all this news . Little Juhee looks so pleased !! Peter you look very hansom too.:) All three of you guys at front of Korean market looks really clear and nice. Take care you guys.Love 이모
ReplyDelete