Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How do you say "hi"?


If you're a Korean-American attending a daycare in California where your teachers sometimes speak Spanish to you, your dad's a Youth pastor and you live with teenage uncles, then you not only wave, you also bow, give fist bumps, and blow kisses while saying "hi/hello/bye/bye-bye~". She lo~ves greeting people and whenever she sees/hears certain clues (like a door opening or closing, someone picking up a bag, putting on shoes...) she'll start saying "hi/hello/bye/bye-bye~" whichever is appropriate in a very loud voice. I guess she's noticed that when people greet / say farewell, their voices become louder too. Hmmm... Never really thought about that... (In the pic: my mom, me, and my little girl.)


I think the language for "pick me up/give me a hug" is pretty much universal though...

=)

PS (added June 14th): I forgot that she also does the "ET" thing, holding out her index finger for you to touch with her index finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment