It's been wonderful having the opportunity to share at some of the Korean adult Sunday School classes at our sending church, New Vision Church.
Peter and I work in partnership with him being the techie while I present in Korean. ^^; I find presenting in English much more enjoyable and easier, but God's been stretching us in many ways during the past year of which this is just one!
I'm a great believer in face-to-face communication and in the importance of "out of sight, out of mind". So as well as having the opportunity to share about the great spiritual needs of Japan, the small group setting allows us the time to answer questions, for them to get to know us on a more personal level, and vice versa. It's nice for us to be able to picture them in our minds when they email us telling us that they're praying for us and it makes their prayers that much more personal if they have met and know us personally.
Hopefully as we share more about us, the journey God has been taking us through, and why, they will sign-up for our newsletter and/or to be a prayer partner and then will "see" us at least once a month, thus hopefully never being "out of sight, out of mind" or out of their prayers for too long.

No comments:
Post a Comment