Thursday, October 28, 2010

Excitement's in the Air! :)

I just wanted to share this email from our team leaders, Scott & Susan Murray. We've been so blessed by them, the 2 local Japanese pastors, and a couple of the elders from the two churches who have been working so so diligently on our behalf. We are being so spoiled by them!

As the time for our departure approaches and we continue to say more and more "see you later"s, I've been tending to focus on what/those we'll be leaving behind and the immediate work ahead before we can go as well as all of the anxieties of moving to a foreign country where one doesn't understand the language / culture, etc. This email really lifted my spirits and made me excited again about arriving in Hiroshima and our new life house, car, friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ waiting for us there.

Sharing this with you, my dear friends, with excitement,
Jenny

+++++++

Hi Peter & Jenny,

I just wanted to send you a quick update on the day. Mainly, I wanted to share the excitement that I am seeing from the church people. Today, Mr. & Mrs. Ogawa came to the house and cleaned for about 3 ½ hours. Masae-san (Pastor Kitano’s wife) also came to help for a little while. Each week people pray for you at prayer meeting—there is a real air of excitement here. Of course, we are also excited to have you join us—we look forward to working together and continuing to cultivate a friendship. I know that when you are getting ready to leave you have all kinds of emotions popping out, so I wanted to share what I am observing to encourage you that even though you will be far from family and friends—a new church family along with us are excited that you are coming.

Ogawa-san (Mr.) is a cleaning machine. Mrs. Ogawa brought some dishes that she didn’t use so that you would have something to get started. The electricity, water and gas are all in working order. They deliver most of the stuff on Monday. It’s coming together—praise God.

We are praying for you!

With much love,
Scott & Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment