![]() |
| Juhee sharing her bicycle with Sungjae. |
Today, I had to go pick up Sungjae a bit earlier than usual because he had a fever. He usually has seconds for lunch, but today he didn't finish his first serving. He's usually very active a~ll the time, but he stopped being so active a little bit before lunch time. After nap time, they checked his temperature and it was at 38.8C, so they called me to come pick him up. He was lying on his little cot when I came into this room. He was very happy to see me and wanted me to hold him. My poor baby!!! :(Usually he's off running around and climbing up things as soon as I put his shoes on him to go home, but today, he just stayed in my arms. At dinner time, Juhee very thoughtfully said that I could sit next to Sungjae today as he's sick. I was worried that she would kick up a fuss if I suggested it, so I'm glad she said it first! She's a good girl, a caring and loving big sister. :) I only gave Sungjae a little bit for dinner and he thankfully finished all of it before climbing into my arms again. I gave him to daddy for a bit while I washed the dishes and he fell sound asleep in daddy's arms. But of course, he woke up looking for me as soon as I went to the bathroom... :/ While Peter and I were upstairs getting Sungjae ready for bed, Juhee was downstairs on her own. When we left her, she was drawing. When Peter went back downstairs, she was flossing! She was getting herself ready for bed too without us having said anything. She's becoming such a big girl!
![]() |
| Juhee and Sungjae brushing each other's teeth! =D |
I pray that Sungjae's fever will go down tonight... And I thank God that Juhee's is such an understanding, thoughtful, caring big sister... :) At least when her little brother is sick. ;)
Sungjae doesn't like his veggies. The other day, Sungjae and I were having leftover curry and Peter and Juhee were having leftover (Costco!!!) pizza for dinner. I was surprised that Sungjae was eating his carrots, and not only was he eating them, he was gathering all of them up on his spoon and eating them first. He was also saying that horses like carrots and making horse neighing sounds. He calls horses "horsie" or "ee-hing", so I said, "성제가 이힝~처럼 당근 잘 먹네~" ("You eat carrots well, just like a horse!") to which Juhee said, "누나는~ 사람처럼 피자 잘 먹어." ("Big sister eats pizza well, just like a human being.") =D
| Juhee and the boys following the exercises on the kids' show. |
| One of many, many meetings I've had with the other moms of Juhee's class. |
Also last week, I was reminded that it's OK to not know everything. But more importantly, God chose me to be the person I am, doing what I'm doing, and living where I'm living, because according to His plan, I'm the best one for the job that He's given me. By "know"ing here, I mean things like biblical knowledge, theology, even things like Japanese culture, Christian history, etc as I sometimes feel like I'm not very well equipped to be here. But I was
![]() |
| One of my best friends here. She thinks that us becoming friends was "destiny". |
The missionary's wife who spoke about this to me also said (without ever having met Peter) that Peter and I are very different, and that I should stop trying to understand him. =D It made me think about how we are similar in some ways, but very very different in so many other ways too. And although many say that "opposites attract", I think it was the similarities that we have that attracted us to one another in the beginning. We share many basic fundamental values. But yes, we are very different too. I think most couples could probably say this about themselves...
| Bought more than 20 English kids' books at an International Festival, all for just $10!!! |
![]() |
| She refused to wear pants even to an athletic center. She loves her skirts and dresses! :) |
![]() |
| Hmm.. Where did the "cookie jar" go? Who took the cookie from the cookie jar? ;) |
The mom of the girl in Juhee's class who is not very nice to her is always super nice to me. At the last meeting we had at the preschool, all of the moms were standing around in the classroom, looking for a seat. Most moms sat in the seat in front of them (as I did - being the non-shy foreigner, I was the first to sit), but the mom of the not-so-nice girl came over from the other side of the classroom saying "I'm going to sit next to Juhee's mommy" and came and sat next to me. She sat next to me when some of the moms went out to lunch together too. I'm glad she likes me so much. :) Hopefully I'll be able to have more in-depth conversations with her someday.![]() |
| God sent us so many people to help us for our move! It was truly an amazing experience. |
Can't get away from centipedes. They're everywhere here. But so glad the white powder repellant works! Two centipedes so far at the new house, but thankfully, they were both outside and dead!!! (Hope you won't be too disappointed that there's no picture to go with this tidbit.)
And on that happy note... :)







No comments:
Post a Comment