Last night, around 9:10? 9:15?pm, Sungjae finally sat down to eat his dinner after soccer practice & showering. He asked if he could watch A Week Away MV’s while eating dinner and I said,
“No, we need to talk. We need to have a serious conversation.”
He looked at me and said with a slight smile (I was trying to look super serious, but I guess I was smiling slightly or something cuz he could tell I wasn’t mad/upset),
“Why? I haven’t done anything bad… recently…”
“I don’t think so… I haven’t done anything… What do we need to talk about?” he asked, still with one hand on the iPad and one hand holding a spoon 
“Something really serious…”
His eyes met mine and we were both smiling. After a slight pause just to keep him in suspense a little longer, I asked,
.
.
.
“Sungjae, what do you want in your obento tomorrow?”
Sungjae’s response: 


But joking aside, his grade has had practically all of their field trips and events canceled, postponed, or minimized during the past two years. Some even got rained out. I’m so thankful they had great weather for this final field trip, the one they get to be the big 6th graders walking to the park at the beach while holding the hands of the little 1st graders
Didn’t get a photo of him this morning cuz he shot out the door and went with the friends that came to pick him up while I was still helping Jiyeon get ready. Jiyeon’s field trip with the 6th graders was rained out last year so they ended up eating their obentos at school, but she still had fun with the two 6th grade girls she became friends with
And of course, she had a great time today, her first field trip as a 2nd grader!
Thank You, God!
Sungjae’s obento. He doesn’t eat any veg, but he does eat baby corn (it’s wrapped in ham)
and edamame! Do you see his マスク焼け mask burn?
Top left: Jiyeon’s obento. She finished most of it during the picnic (she’s a slow eater) and finished the rest after school. Right: Jiyeon's breakfast. Bottom left: Her bag this morning. Almost the same as when Juhee and Sungjae were in the 1st grade apart from the 健康チェック表 health check form they need to fill out every morning and get checked. Jiyeon's ready to go and she's off!



No comments:
Post a Comment