(Enjoying brunch with grandma.)
The week started off with Juhee having her 15 month check-up which included two vaccines - ouch! We were told that she's a very healthy little girl, growing very consistently at 50% height (30 and a half inches) and 15% weight (20 lbs and 5 oz). Yay! :)
On Tuesday, we registered Juhee at daycare so I can have time to complete tasks that I need to do in order for us to better prepare to go to Japan like finally study for and take the test for my California driver's license, look into and start my 15 units of Bible classes, read the 5 books I've been assigned to read, help more around the house, preparing brochures, marketing packets, and organizing speaking engagements for us at churches, small group meetings, etc. She's been doing ok. She cries a lot in the morning and then gets better progressively throughout the day. Peter's been peeking in on her when he goes to pick her up and she'll be playing fine until she sees her and then she suddenly starts crying. :) She's been eating well there and learning to sleep on her own in a little cot too. We've bought her a bed which she really likes so once she's a bit more used to daycare and not so stressed about it, we're planning on training her to sleep in her bed for naps first and then during the night too. She's been sleeping with us since we started traveling last October so it'll be a big adjustment for all of us!
We had a playdate with one of my dear close friends and her kids on Wednesday and that was a real blessing for me. It was unexpectedly cut short, but hopefully we'll be able to hang out again soon. Peter was really not feeling well that day... Poor hubby. :( We were able to spend a lot of time with his parents though which was good. :)
Thursday we found out that my possible ulcer is actually gastritis. Not sure if that's good news or not, but I guess it's better than having an ulcer! So I was prescribed exercise, meds, and a restricted diet (no caffeine, no soda, no spicy food). From the blood tests and x-rays, we also found out that I have high bad cholesterol and low good blood cholesterol. As always, I'm still borderline anemic too. So apparently I need lots more exercise!!! Especially because I had gestational diabetes... So overall, I'm healthy, just having occasional "tummy aches". :)

On Friday we had lunch with one of our old youth who's more like a sister. It was really good catching up with her.
Saturday was a crazy busy day! Juhee and I attended Pathway's Women's Ministry Brunch which was great! It was great hanging out with other women, enjoying food together, chatting, getting to know each other better, and praying together. After the brunch we went to a 1st birthday party where Juhee had soooooooooo much fun! She experienced her first ever bubble making machine and she was fascinated! She had fun playing with other kids while knowing that mum & dad were around. She ate lots too. She was very very tired by the end of the day...
So were we! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment