Saturday, April 11, 2009

SCVJCC POPs

Sorry, I used to work in the pharmaceutical industry, notorious for its (over-)use of acronyms, so I still get a kick out of using them. Sad, I know. :)














We haven't been able to go for a while, but Juhee and I were able to attend the last two Parents of Preschoolers meetings of Santa Clara Valley Japanese Christian Church.

The one on 31st March was at the Children's Discovery Museum which we'd never been to. Now we're members! Juhee had lots of fun there and if we had the time, I think I would've stayed there with her a bit longer. She didn't have a whole lot of fun downstairs which is more for the bigger kids, but she did like the very simple tennis ball rolling down slopes thing in the first picture. Once we got upstairs and went to the toddler's section she had more fun crawling & sitting on the dragon and play-eating with plastic food and plates. She's really starting to like play-acting these days. It's so cute! Hopefully we'll be visiting many more times.














7th April is when they had their Easter Egg Hunt - Juhee's first ever! She was so busy watching the other kids running around grabbing eggs, she didn't go get any herself! She just sat there (left bottom corner of pic), bewildered. The ones that ended up in Juhee's basket were ones that I put right in front of her and then she put in her basket. Some of the kids were so competitive! Some had dressed up for the occasion and even had fancy baskets too - so cute! Even some of the mums were wearing bunny ears. :) They had watercolors and stickers available for pre-cut egg shaped pieces of paper as craft for the older kids. The stickers were too small for Juhee but she still enjoyed it. She likes stickers.

The plastic eggs had all sorts of goodies in them - Japanese marshmallows (they were delicious!), small stickers, big scented stickers, stuff you sprinkle onto rice, sweets... For those that wanted to, recycling was available for the eggs, which I thought was a very good eco-friendly and budget-friendly idea. Of course, we had to bring our basket home complete with the eggs to show daddy, grandma, and the uncles. ;)

We also sang the ABC Alphabet Song but with the Japanese hiragana alphabet too. I'd never heard a Japanese alphabet song so I was fascinated! I had fun singing it too 'cause it's one of the songs that I know the "lyrics" to - well, almost all of the lyrics. :)

I met a lady that day who just started studying Korean on her own because she likes a Korean pop singer ("Rain" 비) so much! So we said that we'll help each other learn each other's languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment