Everyone talks about the weather, right? We recently learned the importance of having an appropriate introduction regarding the weather and the changes of nature outside when writing in Korean, rather than just going straight in to what we want to talk about as we do in our English newsletters / letters. It's so hard to be culturally sensitive 'cause it makes you think out of the culture-box!
Well, the weather in San Jose, California just can't seem to make up it's mind. Daytime temperatures have been fluctuating from the high 90's (Fahrenheit) back down to the 50's!
This is Juhee sweating profusely on Sunday when we joined my mom's Sunday School potluck group after church so Peter could spend some time with his old Youth kids + some new ones and so I could spend some time with the Korean women. We had to ditch our own potluck group last minute, but I think we made the right choice. Her hair was completely soaked!
It's been cooling down over the past few days, but last night, it was so cold that I had to ask my brother to bring a blanket out to the car when we arrived home 'cause the temperature had dropped so much!
The weather this year is different to how I remember last year and the year before. It's up and down constantly. Very similar to the way we can feel hot and cold, or even worse, lukewarm about the things that really matter in life.
PS: On hot days, Juhee says "a-du!" (아뜨!) which is Korean baby language for "hot!" when we put her in her car seat. She's so cute! I was so surprised the 1st time she said it 'cause we knew she knew "hot" in terms of food, but she knows it applies to other things too now. She's learning so fast. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment