The training's been intense, the fundraising's been a challenge, and I'm sure they've had to deal with a lot of pressure and stress too in preparation for this trip.

I was able to help out with their fundraising on Sat, May 16th at the SET2009 Missions Bazaar held in our church Fellowship Hall. I love being out there, meeting people, and making myself useful =) so I had a blast! It was great catching up with some of the youth parents too.
I was on my feet for most of the 5 hours so was physically tired but spiritually and emotionally energized.
On Mon, 18th, Mr. Ryu, one of the team members, invited me to one of their last meeting / practice sessions before leaving for Japan. It was such a wonderful time of praise, fellowship, sharing, and prayer I regretted not having asked to be a part of their meetings earlier! They asked me to introduce myself and our mission and I was given the opportunity to share in more details thanks to a question asked by one of the members there. It did two things for me - 1) put me on a high as I love sharing our story and it was my first opportunity to do so in Korean so it was especially exciting, 2) gave me confidence to share to more people in Korean and to proactively look for more opportunities to share to the KM congregation.
I'm so grateful that God opened this door for me at the perfect time. He's so good and his timing's always perfect. =)
It's such an honor for me to have got to know and spend time with the SET2009 team. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with them when they return.
The SET2009 Japan team leave next Monday. Please pray for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment