As it was a Wednesday evening service, the three of us went up together and shared different parts of the presentation. We like doing this as it allows the listeners to get to know all three (well, at least two) of us, rather than just Peter. We think this is important as missions isn’t just about Peter but about us going as a family, having been called as a family to serve in Japan.
After the service, we stuck around for a while and we were able to have good chats with a few members of the congregation. Many signed up for our newsletter and to be prayer partners which is always encouraging! A few told us of how they also have a heart for Japan and are praying about how and when their time will come.
To hear the message, visit Jubilee Church’s website at www.jubileeseoul.com and go to “resources”, “messages”, “launch sermon player” and then scroll down to click on our message, “Journey to Japan, 12/02/2009, Peter & Jenny Oh”.
"Yes, I am sure that my coming to Jubilee that night was no accident-- God's hand was definitely in it. It was random and unexpected, which has been the way it has always been for me when God has worked big things in and through my life. As a matter of fact, the most significant reason that I feel God may be leading me to Japan is that it is a country that I never would have chosen to go to on my own-- my interest in going there now has surprised even me, because it was never a part of any kind of plan or purpose that I had for myeslf."
"I was so blessed by hearing the two of you testify about what God is doing in your lives when you visited Jubilee church in Seoul. I couldn't really begin to talk to you when you were there because I was still processing through a lot of things that God had been revealing to me. [...] Whenever I pray for the plentiful harvest with few workers... I always see children, specifically preschoolers... [...] Anyway, after hearing you two speak the Lord confirmed a multitude of other things and I'm positive that (although I don't know when) I'm being prepared to go to Japan."
Emails / feedback like these are extremely encouraging to us. We initially didn't know why God wanted us to go around to various churches and small groups to raise prayer and financial partners instead of going to Japan silently as tentmakers. We have recently realized that God wanted us share about our journey to Japan so that many more would know the great spiritual need in Japan. It was in His wisdom to raise more workers for the harvest field through His ways, not ours.

No comments:
Post a Comment