After finally recovering from about 3 months of gastritis, we miscarried very early on in our second pregnancy in June. And through this very sad event we learned to appreciate and marvel even more at the miracle of birth. We are very thankful and blessed that we have been able to conceive again, and are expecting a baby boy in May 2010.
God also used the miscarriage for me to be able to show heart-felt compassion towards and pray for a Japanese friend from my High School days (in Germany) who was feeling depressed as she had just miscarried again for a second time that year. We were able to re-connect through facebook and became better friends than back in HS because we were the only ones who had a child (of our HS friends), both daughters too and about the same age. A close friend back home miscarried just a couple of weeks after as well.
So many women opened their hearts to me during this time, prayed with me, and shared their experiences with me for which I was very grateful. Through this heart breaking experience, I was able to be grateful to God for being there for me, for having surrounded me with a network of supporting friends and family, and for using me to reach out to a friend in need too, who doesn't have that support network.
I received a facebook message from my Japanese friend just recently letting me know that she's just had surgery for her 3rd miscarriage (within the past year). My heart cries for her... I really wish I could give her a hug, hold her hand, and pray for and with her. Please join me in praying for her, that she will come to know the love, peace, and healing of our Lord...
On a Wing and a Prayer
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment