Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day - Take Two!

On the morning of the 29th, after a big breakfast of toast, sausage and eggs, we finally opened up our Christmas Presents - yay! :) Actually, that sentence is technically incorrect as Juhee opened up all of the presents (they were mostly hers anyway), not "we". :)


She loved the play-doh set from Auntie Eva which was actually one that I'd saved from last Christmas and she also loved the play kitchen that we got her to replace the one she had in the US. After daddy put the kitchen together, she played in it for most of the day with some play-doh time too.

We don't really have a family Christmas tradition yet of our own. Peter and I met just over 4 years ago, in late Nov of 2006. Our first Christmas, I'd just moved back from the UK and we went to Youth retreats (camps) right before and after Christmas and then had our official engagement party. The 2nd year I gave birth to Juhee on the 22nd, came home on the 24th, Peter took Juhee to the hospital on the 25th for her bilirubin check-up (jaundice) and then went to Youth retreat on the 26th. In 2008, we'd just returned from our Vision Trip to Japan plus a visit to Korea so we were unpacking, jetlagged and Juhee's 1st birthday party took priority over preparing presents / food for Christmas. In 2009, we'd just returned from a month in Korea so again we were unpacking and jetlagged. I was also pregnant and we were all sick so we didn't even do anything for Juhee's birthday except for cake after a normal dinner. I think all four Christmases we opened presents at my mom's house in the morning and then went to my in-laws sometime after lunch. I don't think Peter and I have bought each other Christmas gifts yet..?

Maybe from next year we'll start doing something special, start establishing a family Christmas tradition. By then, Juhee will know that presents are supposed to be opened on the 25th too - not the 29th! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment