Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Juhee's 1st Trick-or-Treat

"Jesus Loves You!"

This was the greeting (instead of the usual "Trick or Treat") that the toddlers had to say to the staff at SCVJCC who handed out treats as the kids went around the church. They received packets of goldfish, lollipops, a drink, a bag of chocolate... Each person had something different to put in the bags that the kids had made earlier during craft time. It was very well organized and it was so sweet of the staff (including pastors) to take time out of their busy day to treat the kids (and meet the moms too).

From SCVJCC
(Juhee receiving a treat from one of the pastors at SCVJCC.)

Juhee very quickly figured out that she needed to hold out her bag to receive a treat! :) She can't say "Jesus loves you" yet so I didn't try to get her to say it, but in hindsight, I wish I'd at least had her say "Yesu" (Jesus), which I know she can say.

From SCVJCC
(Korean lady and ladybug enjoying their lollipops.)

She enjoyed her first ever lollipop that day too but thankfully put it aside to eat her lunch. She preferred her veg & rice lunch I'd packed her to the candy - yay!!! :) She forgot about her lollipop after lunch so I had to have the rest. ;)

From SCVJCC
(Group picture! Well, some of the group anyway. =D)

We were on our vision trip last time this year so this was Juhee's first ever costume party. We didn't want to buy her a costume so I wasn't sure what to dress her in. At the last minute, I remembered her hanbok from her 1st birthday. At first she didn't want to put her hanbok on, but then when I tried to change her out of it, she didn't want to take it off! She walked around and played for a bit in just her undergarments before I managed to convince her that she needs to change if she wants to eat. @@

From SCVJCC
(Juhee posing in her hanbok undergarments.)

Juhee was a big hit that day in her Korean hanbok (and undergarments)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment